As we continue to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, here is what you can expect from Elliott Bay Marina.
Office Hours: The Harbormaster’s Office will be opening up to the public while following the state’s social distancing guidelines. The office will be open from 9 am to 7 pm. After 7 pm, our staff will be available to respond to emergencies only, and our overnight security team will be operating as usual from 11:30 pm until 7:30 am daily.
Office Protocols: If possible, please utilize the phone and email as much as possible to communicate with our staff. Although we are opening our doors, our goal is to minimize the amount of office traffic to protect both our staff and customers. We kindly ask that you reduce visits to the main office; our team is closely monitoring email and accepting phone calls. If possible, we ask that you use these methods as the first line of communication with our staff. We love serving our customers face-to-face, but as requested by the CDC, we are promoting Social Distancing.
We will be limiting the office capacity to 2 people at a time. If this limit is met, please wait outside until space has cleared – when waiting, be mindful to practice social distancing. As the weather permits, we will keep the doors open to allow easy access. Please note the following adjustments to our office protocol for the time being;
- Maximum Occupancy: two customers at a time in the office.
- Updated office hours 9am-7pm; available by phone 7:30am-11:30pm.
- We have placed a customer table in the office to mark the 6ft boundary. Our staff will assist you while keeping the appropriate distance. Please stand at this table, NOT at the desks.
- In addition to the dropbox on the exterior of the building, there will be a payment drop-box on the customer table inside the office.
- Our team will be providing sanitized pens for use, be sure to dispose of the pen in the marked bin when you are finished.
- We ask that you read the notices posted outside the office before entry, your knowledge of our revised procedures will help our staff serve you efficiently.
- We will have short office closures every hour to sanitize and clean (1-2 minutes); if you visit during this time, please wait patiently, and we will assist as soon as possible.
- Outside the Harbormaster’s office is a black dropbox, please utilize this for payments and other paperwork that doesn’t require further immediate attention from the marina staff.
Line Assistance: Our line assistance service will be resuming immediately. Please call or hail us 10-15 minutes before your arrival or departure, and we will be down to help you out. We can be reached at (206)285-4817 or on VHF Channel 78A.
Increased Cleaning and Disinfecting: Our team will continue with our heightened cleaning regiment of all high touch point areas. Additionally, we have placed disinfecting sprays in the restroom areas and ask that you spray surfaces when you are finished using them. As an extra safety measure, we will also be installing plexiglass sneeze guards in the Harbormaster’s Office and Fuel Dock.
Fuel Dock Capacity: The fuel dock will continue limiting the store and dock capacity to a maximum of 10 customers on the dock and two customers in the store at any given time. If we exceed this number, you will be asked to wait; we appreciate your patience as we implement this safety measure.
Bikes/Kayaks/Paddle Boards: This service will continue to be suspended until further notice.
East Parking Lot Paving Revised Schedule
The East section of the parking lot will be completed on Thursday, May 28th. If you have a vehicle parked in that section, please have it moved to by Wednesday night. This section will be the final stage of the project! As always, this schedule is tentative and can be affected by poor weather.